Wednesday, 16 May 2012

BeautyUK 2012 Haul!

Hiya lovelies!
On Monday I went to the BeautyUK event at the NEC in Birmingham, a trade exhibition show where there are stands for lots of different beauty, nails, holistics and tanning companies - think the clothes show but for beauty therapists. As it's trade only, it means cheapy trade prices!

The first things I bought were make-up brushes from Royal and Langnickel. I've seen these brushes reviewed online before so I was thrilled to see they were going to have a stand here! I get very excited about brushes, which is quite weird and sad when you think about it.

Anyway, I picked five brushes from the S.I.L.K Pro range, and I'm so happy with all of them!


 (As you can see, I've used them before taking these photos. Naughty!)


From the top; SM Stippler C255, Angle Eye Blender C460, Concealer C210, Crease C430, Taklon Pointed Lip C656


They're SO soft and you can tell they're really good quality. 
The stippling brush has shed very slightly, but I usually expect that from new facial brushes anyway and I imagine it will stop after a few uses. Even so, I'm only talking a couple of hairs here and there, nothing that would really bother me. I've been after a stippling brush for a while now and it applies my foundation like a dream.
I won't bore you with going into detail about every brush, but they're fantastic, especially for the price and I'm definitely going to try and hunt down some more. I would recommend anyone to check these out if they can!



I also picked out a couple of nail varnishes, one from Essie and one from China Glaze. I sort of wish I'd bought a lot more while I was there as they were about half price, but I just didn't feel like I needed any of the colours. There was also an OPI stand and anyone that knows me, knows that I am OPI obsessed. I guess I just wasn't in a nail varnish mood at the time! :(

The colours I bought were 'My Place or Yours' and 'CG in the City'.




'My Place or Yours' is a lovely peachy pink, a lot more wearable than most of the pinks I own. I think I'll get a lot of wear out of this. I don't know why but I really love the Essie bottles, so cute.

'CG in the City' is probably my new favourite in my collection. I'm going out on Saturday and this is definitely going to be on my nails! You can't tell so much in the picture but it's lavender and silver toned glitter. It covers really well with only a couple of coats and I'm really impressed by it. I'll get a photo of it on my nails up soon!




The next things I bought were from the NYX stand. I've tried out some products by them before that I'd ordered off a website (not too sure which one now!), but this was the first time I'd ever seen NYX actually in the UK so that was quite exciting.

 Cream Blush in 'Hot Pink'

This is actually a lot brighter in person, it's more of a neon pink. It has a really nice, creamy consistency and not sticky feeling at all which I've found with a few cream blushes. 



Eye Shadows in  'Flamingo' and 'Gunmetal'

NYX shadows have really good pigmentation, and I loove these colours. I'll be wearing flamingo in they day time a lot. Not too sure why it's called flamingo though.. wouldn't flamingo be pink? Gunmetal has the nicest sparkles in it. I wasn't planning on buying a colour like this, but I just happened to swatch it and fell in love. I think I paid around £3 for these, which I think is really good value for money.



 Eye Pencil in 'White Pearl' and Lip Pencil in 'Nude Pink'

I've been after a whitish eye pencil FOREVER. I've been putting it on my waterline and by my tear duct and it makes my eyes look so much brighter and wider. I especially like that it's pearlised, I think matte, bright white can look a bit scary sometimes and this is a lot more flattering.
I have a bit of a thing for nude lip pencils and I have similar ones to this already, I just can't help buying them for some reason. The majority of the time I wear nude colours on my lips and this goes well with them - a nice addition to my collection!



Concealer in a Jar in 'Fair'

I'm not massively thrilled with this concealer. It is nice and I don't regret buying it, but I always seem to be after the perfect concealer and this just isn't it. I will use it, but I think there are better ones out there, so my search continues!






The last items I bought were eyelashes from a  French brand called Peggy Sage. I've never heard of this brand before and they had lots and lots of make-up and all sorts at their stand. There was quite a crowd of people there when I went and I didn't really feel up for swatching everything, so I just stuck to eyelashes. These were an absolute steal, I think they were around £2 and if you're an eyelashes lover like myself, you'll know that this is a great price for quality eyelashes. I'm not too sure of the names of the styles as the packaging is all in French, but I bought two sets of strip lashes, and one set of individuals. 
I am really really looking forward to wearing these!




Look how pretty the top ones are! Ooooooh

A Completely Unrelated Forever21 Purchase


After BeautyUK, I took a cheeky trip to The Bullring and had a look around. I only ended up buying a couple of rings from Forever 21 but I thought they deserved a little mention. If you haven't checked out the jewellery there, you really should. It's my favourite place to buy mine for sure, lots of cute things for really great prices!





I've had a look on the website for these but as far as I know, they're not on there anymore. The cross ring was around £1.50 and the cage ring around £3. Bargain! The cross ring is a bit large though which makes me sad because I really like it. I blame the elastic that tied it to the packaging making it seem smaller than it was! I'm going to figure out some way to wear it though, would it be weird to stuff tissue under my finger? Haha

Thanks for reading and I hope I haven't bored you all to death! Leave us a comment below and click the little 'join this site' button to make me a happy girly!

Lots of love,










8 comments:

  1. stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to show some blog luv! def enjoyed this post! new follower via email :-)

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the blush and the rings! xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sooo want to try out the nyx cream blush! They look amazing! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the rings, such an adorable addition to any outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to get my hands on some NYX products, they are reasonably priced and I've heard so many great things about them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those eyelashes are beautiful, especially the feathery ones!

    sanaxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love design, amazing blog :) If you want to follow each other...just tell me:X

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog! I followed! I would love it if you could check out my blog and follow me? Thanks so much! http://camigmakeup4u2c.blogspot.com

    xoxo
    Cami

    ReplyDelete